NSP / Protech Fish Grom
Bottom: Concave into V
Ideal waves: 1-6ft
Level: Beginner – Expert
Most fishes have more volume and less rocker than typical shortboards, making them a great option for weak or mushy waves. The Protech Fish comes with three M7 fins out of the box, but an RTM upgrade is available from NSP too for grippier turns and more performance. Find them below under “optional accessories”.
– Wide nose creates more volume for added buoyancy providing more stability, faster paddling, and easy entry into the smallest waves with quick acceleration.
– Rocker and rail outline are combined with single to double concave bottom, with vee through the tail incorporated into a wide swallowtail.
– The slight hip behind the front fins reduces the area under the back foot creating a pivot point for snappy turns. Boxy and full rails also add to the overall volume and forgiving nature of this model.
– The Protech Fish performance delivers traction, down the line speed and maximum drive over the flattest of sections.
– A tri-fin thruster setup guarantees speed and liveliness, with enough hold to ride out a line.
Fin System: FCS